Before beginning this one, I have to send a special thanks to Not Fearing Change for putting me up to this. Some of these "meme" things are just dull, but I like this one. I tagged her a while ago and I think she's getting me back! Grrr! I'm supposed to tell you 8 random things about myself and then con 8 other people into telling everyone else about themselves. I suppose if I think too hard, it won't be "random" so I'll just get started....
1. As a kid, I wanted to be a cowboy when I grew up. Blame the Lone Ranger and Bill Pickett for that. After spending a week on a farm when I was 14, I changed my mind. Cows stink horribly, but spending time with them and getting attached, it's hard to imagine one sitting on your dinner plate.
2. I'm homeless. OK, so I'm not the cardboard box, skid row, pan handler "homeless" but technically, I'm homeless. To make a long story short, we're staying with Michelle's sister until I can finish redoing the kitchen and bathroom. This has required a lot of time, energy and trips to Home Depot on my part and luckily I'm almost finished. If you say the words "tile", "grout" or "cabinet" to me, I'm likely to punch you in the face.
3. I hate listening to the radio (except for NPR and 91.9- the local jazz station). If I need to explain this one to you, you probably have bad taste in music. Needless to say, I have had to repeatedly explain this to Kiyotoe, but he never seems to understand!
4. I prefer mom and pop restaraunts over big chain spots ANY DAY. Chili's, TGIFridays, Bennigan's, Ruby Tuesdays, all that shit! They all have the same basic menus- burgers, quesadillas, steaks, onion rings blah blah blah. What are we, robots? Can I get some diversity please?
5. I've been "hangover-drunk" only three times. All the other times, I was just "sorta" drunk.
6. My lucky number is 7 because that's how old I was when my younger brother was born. What's interesting is that I was the seventh blogger that NFC requested to do this. Hmmm, does someone have some psychic capabilities they're not sharing?
7. Mangoes are my favorite fruit in the WORLD.
8. I have a bad memory. If this were a "normal month" (i.e. a month where I wasn't molesting tiles 8 days a week) I'd have a hard time detailing what I did just the week prior. If I got picked up by the cops and asked about my whereabouts, I'd be stuck like Chuck!
Cop: Where were you on the night of June 20th?
Me: Uhhhh, I think I was hanging out with Michael Nickens, but I could have been at the movies, or maybe I was at home...uh...um....well...
Cop: (to another cop) Book him.
Normally, I'd pick the usual suspects to tag (Kiyotoe, The Counselor, Pigeontoes) but I think I'll pick 8 "random people"....
5. Esif (non blogger)
8. Sarah (for your birthday)