Just a place for random rantings and ravings.....

Friday, June 22, 2007

WTF

The strangest thing about this blogworld is that you make all these connections to people you don't know, and probably will never meet face to face. Their world becomes your world as you read into the minds and lives of individuals who simply offer a piece of themselves to public view (and sometimes comedic ridicule), but it's usually all in good fun. Today as I scrolled down my list of favorite blogs, I read on three different posts that a fellow blogger NY City Watchdog- someone who I'd never read before, had recently lost his 5 year old son in an accident at a swimming pool and it damn near moved me to tears. When Michelle brought my little one home, I had to grab her and hold her for a few minutes because when you become a parent, some shit is just more important than anything else.

9 Comments:

Blogger Eyezaku said...

your a good father Paz. damn near got me in tears.

Sat Jun 23, 10:47:00 AM

 
Blogger Anne said...

It sure is. Never forget that, even when she is old enough to test your patience. And thanks for the reminder. We all need to remember what's really important sometimes.

Sat Jun 23, 12:08:00 PM

 
Blogger notfearingchange said...

In a few lines you managed to summarize a variety of things that I love to talk about.

1. The fact that even though we are virtual we are friends - and sometimes you guys know more about me than my best of friends who have known me for 10+ years.

2. That we impact one another.

3. Compassion is what binds us.

4. Children are important.

5. When you become a parent your life and priorities are changed.

Sat Jun 23, 09:38:00 PM

 
Blogger paz y amor said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Sun Jun 24, 04:43:00 AM

 
Blogger paz y amor said...

Eye- Thanks man. I'm doing my best, but it's not hard with Naimah. She's sweet man and I think she's turned me into a softie!

Anne- She's ALREADY old enough to test my patience and she's only 1! Let's just say it's a small sign of things to come, but I'm looking forward to the challenge. Talk to me in about 12 years though and I gurantee that I'll be singing a different tune :)

NFC- Everything you said is so true! Virtual or not, the fact is that behind the screen we can all relate to each other in many ways- and I love that! How's your protest coming along?

Sun Jun 24, 04:43:00 AM

 
Blogger Kiyotoe said...

i can't even pretend to pretend to know how that must feel to lose a child, ESPECIALLY so young.

Don't worry brotha, conscilliary will always be here to remind you of what's most important. As the self-proclaimed Godfather to the "juice", that is my duty.

Mon Jun 25, 06:53:00 AM

 
Blogger EJL said...

It is nice to make connections. Sometimes reading about others helps us understand ourselves a bit more. I totally agree.

Mon Jun 25, 08:22:00 AM

 
Blogger EJL said...

I just went there. I knew I shouldn't. The thought of losing my little one terrifies me everyday.
I don't know how I would survive.

Mon Jun 25, 08:29:00 AM

 
Blogger Woozie said...

I don't know if its a good thing or a bad thing that I can't even remotely identify with that feeling.

Mon Jun 25, 05:18:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home