Just a place for random rantings and ravings.....

Monday, December 10, 2007

Who in their right mind?


A few years ago I played in a band called Mandorico and although we toured up and down the East Coast from Florida to NY with a loyal following, we never hit the "big time"- whatever that means these days. It was definitely one of the greatest musical experiences I've ever had and I played with some of the best musicians in town. It was kind of like mixing an electric Mariachi band with a reggae band and hip/hop and lacing it with cocaine- just the way music should be. One of my bandmates was this tattoed freakazoid named Jim "Chimo" Harmon who had the propensity to always voluntarily get nekkid in the van. Don't ask, but that's him in the middle with the light blue shirt. My pretty face is- well, let's just say I stand out....After every show, we'd play the role of friendly band guys and hang around, talk to the crowd, flirt a little and then head out. Upon entering the side door of the van, Chimo would always say- as if on cue, "I hate people." and then proceed to tell us about a conversation he had with some jack ass who bugged him about this, that and everything else. Basically, Chims had no tolerance for most people and would occasionally walk off from a conversation mid sentence if he felt the need. It wasn't until recently that I understood WHY he hated people.

It's because people are stupid.

Not you good folks of course, but in general, I think that the world would be a better place without 80% of the populace that's breathing all our good air and polluting the rest with their ignorance. I think what's bugging me is that people get bent out of shape over the wrong things. Like these people.....








AND these people....



Now you may notice that they are ALL demonstrating at the same event- the sentencing of Michael "Mutt" Vick in Virginia, but they are clearly on different sides. Now I live in Atlanta so this whole story has been BIG news lately- especially since the Falcons SUCK this year without their imprisoned leader, but I'm a bit baffled.....

Who in their right mind would take the day off to go to the court house to "support" a rightly convicted felon who had to write his "apology" on a napkin? I tend to believe that they have the idea that somehow Vick will feel better knowing his supporters are still behind him despite the crimes he's convicted of. Instead, I think it makes him feel more like a victim and enable him to skirt personal responsibility for his crime. It's kinda like T.I.'s momma saying "God is good and the Devil's a liar" upon T.I.'s release from jail. Who's she blaming- her son or the Devil?
But these fanatical PETA folks don't get a pass from me either! Who in their right mind takes a day off to "protest" a rightly convicted felon who had to write is "apology" on a napkin? Clearly he's going off the prison so the message has been sent, but what I despise is the fact that there are thousands of abused HUMANS who don't have their faces on placards and protesters at the trials of their victimizers. Don't get me wrong, I love and respect the lives of animals (I actually set big coca-roaches free outside instead of killing them) but I respect the lives of humans ten times more.

It seems to me that folks have their priorities mixed up- just a bit......

12 Comments:

Blogger Woozie said...

PETA...needs help. I think some of them would kill humans to save animals-they're like the ALF without the bombs.

That girl with the shirt that says "Michael has accepted Christ. HAVE YOU" gets my vote as the dumbest idiot in this post.

Regarding Jim's nekkidness...is it true what they say about white guys?

Mon Dec 10, 06:48:00 PM

 
Blogger The Counselor said...

Paz,

I agree. Most people are ridiculous. Anyone with half a brain knows that Vick "had it coming". Now, most of us have different views about what his punishment should have been, but we ALL agree he was a damn fool for not being able to shake his "hood" past-time for some other celebrity fad (Scientology, golf, drunk-driving, etc.). Isn't "fan" short for "fanatic"? If so, are we really surprised that they would take a day off from work...to protest for someone who admitted guilt and decided to go to jail early?

As for the PETA freaks, my goodness. Eureka! I have an idea!! Let's rally against the pedophiles who live in our neighborhoods---you know...the ones who rape, kill, and dismember children?!!

Having two animals fight to the death for money is inhumane, but wouldn't that make boxing inhumane too? Points to ponder...

To conclude my rant, I hate what was done to those dogs, but PETA's mindless devotion to all animals annoys me.

Put them in my make-up, on my back, underneath my coffee table...who gives a rat's ass? (pun intended) There are more pressing issues to be pissed off about (i.e. global warming, gas prices, racism, the miseducation of our children, AIDs/HIV/CANCER, equal access to healthcare, etc.)...

I'll stop here...because I'm getting angry...


grrrrrr

Mon Dec 10, 07:24:00 PM

 
Blogger paz y amor said...

Woozie- I think PETA needs more than help, they need medication! Although I'm sure they'd feed it to their psychotic animals rather than take it themselves.

Regarding Jim, I wouldn't know, I kept my eyes on the road.

Couns- Welcome back to the party. Now how about a new POST!!! Clearly we're in agreement here. I think it's shameful that people actually care more about mutts than their fellow man. I love X Money but if I had a life to save and I had to chose between him and you....I'd pick X! OK I'm just kidding. You know X would be fertilizer before you!

Tue Dec 11, 10:33:00 AM

 
Blogger Woozie said...

Sure you did Paz, sure you did...

Tue Dec 11, 05:21:00 PM

 
Blogger Kiyotoe said...

Yo.....

where's the Simple Complexities link in your sidebar?!

Oh... yeah Vick is stupid and so are all of his advocates!

lil' brother: you know he probably had to sneak a peek.

Tue Dec 11, 08:49:00 PM

 
Blogger Nicole said...

Paz...is that REALLY you???

meow.... lol

now, being the animal lover that I am...although I don't agree with what Peta does, I am happy to see people stand up for animals.

If two people fought for till the death for money...chances are they made the choice to fight.
Animals forced to fight for human entertainment is just plain sick and repulsive.
I am glad Vick got sentenced and hopefully he will have learned his lesson. Money may be able to but a lot of things, but clearly can't buy class, nor decency.

Wed Dec 12, 11:28:00 AM

 
Blogger unokhan said...

here's the weird case that just went down in my hometown

a dear friend who volunteers at that shelter was ecstatic over the sentencing -- i told her it was clearly cruel and unusual punishment, and things have been frosty between us since. apparently the judge in the case received letters and phone calls from animal rightists all over the country to pressure him to make an example of the accused. scope the comments following the article -- some of them are beyond the territory of wrong prioriies and have drifted into nutlandia.

Wed Dec 12, 11:58:00 AM

 
Blogger ambandenva2 said...

I can definitely say amen to that. I mean you have guys in the NFL who beat the crap out of their wives and it is all good. You don't really hear about that. I mean seriously. What about the situation in Darfur, that seems like a better protest? Or how about the fact that the patriot act has stripped away all of our rights and because of this post I will never have government clearance to work in the CIA. Their loss. Anyway, Paz you are right people are stupid. I just can't figure out how I keep working for the queens of stupid?

Ms. Denva

Wed Dec 12, 01:51:00 PM

 
Blogger Nicole said...

Yes...meow IS a compliment and nice try!!! LOL

Thu Dec 13, 11:50:00 AM

 
Blogger Nicole said...

Paz..just wanted to wish you and the family a Merry Christmas!

I don't know if you celebrate it or not, but Happy Holidays and all the best for 2008! Enjoy your time with that sweet baby girl!

Sat Dec 22, 11:54:00 AM

 
Blogger Eyezaku said...

merry christmas, happy holidays, and all the best for the new year Paz.

Tue Dec 25, 03:21:00 AM

 
Blogger notfearingchange said...

LOL...yeah there are some people where i meet them and turn and think 'what a waste of good oxygen'...but better yet my gf has a line 'what a waste of skin'.

*shrug*

Fri Jan 04, 09:51:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home